The second half of May is full of great digital marketing events happening in the St. Louis area. We found the 3 must attend events that will expand, educate, and entertain you in all things digital marketing. Get ready to mark your calendars!
Social Media ON TAP with @SMCSTL – Featuring @DanielleSmithTV
Wednesday, May 18, 2016 from 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM (CDT) at Llywelyn’s Pub in Webster Groves
Social Media Club Saint Louis hosts a monthly meetup featuring local speakers who will answer the question, “How did you use social media to grow your business or further your cause?” and present their social media story while you enjoy beers, food and networking at Llywelyn’s Pub in Webster Groves, St. Louis, MO. Social Media ON TAP occurs the third Wednesday of every month in 2016. This month’s feature speaker is Danielle Smith (@DanielleSmithTV) is a digital correspondent, a lifestyle entrepreneur, a spokesperson, media personality, and longtime lover of video – especially anything live.
She is the founder of parenting and lifestyle website, ExtraordinaryMommy.com, (soon to be re-branded) and the author of two books: Mom, Incorporated: A Guide to Business + Baby and Social Media Engagement for Dummies. She teaches classes as an adjunct faculty member at the University of Missouri, St. Louis. As a result of her work, Smith has been featured nationally on Good Morning America, the CBS Early Show, Fox News, MSNBC, NPR, and in USA Today, Forbes, and Publisher’s Weekly.
AMA St. Louis Luncheon – Leveling Up: Using Email and Experiences to Deepen Audience Engagement
Thursday, May 19, 2016 – 11:30 AM at Maggiano’s Little Italy (2 The Blvd, Richmond Heights, MO 63117)
This talk focuses on tactics and strategies Travis Sheridan, founding Executive Director of Venture Café Foundation – St. Louis, has used to move people from being consumers to being part of a community. The benefit of a community is that it has identity and a personality. It also fosters greater word-of-mouth sharing. Travis’ two basic tools are email and experiences. While each can be complex, Travis will outline simples ways to deploy and monitor effectiveness.
- Learn the importance of developing and using an authentic voice
- Become comfortable with the slow game — we are talking about relationships instead of transactions
- Leave with ideas that will allow you to align and amplify your email and experiential efforts
AMA St. Louis Special Interest Groups – Day in the Life: Content Marketing
Wednesday, May 25, 2016 – 6:00 PM at Helix Center Biotech Incubator (1100 Corporate Square Drive Creve Coeur, MO 63132)
Struggling to wrap your brain around content marketing or wondering what YOU should be doing in your role as a content marketer? Hear from three local pros about how they determine the best content marketing strategies for their audiences and prioritize content creation in their schedules.
Here are a few of the questions the panelists will answer:
- How do you come up with new ideas for content generation? What are some of your sources for great ideas?
- When repurposing core content into different tactical pieces, how do you ensure that each one is uniquely valuable (podcast, infographic, blog post, ebook, etc)?
- How do you avoid spamming, while still getting out your message, via LinkedIn groups and advertising?
- What are some cringe-worthy mistakes you’ve made or seen (peers, brands, followers)?
- What tools do you use to help manage your content (development, engagement, syndication, etc.)?
- Chris Reimer (@ChrisReimer | LinkedIn Profile)
Associate Director of New Media at Maryville University
Author of “Happywork” A Business Parable About the Journey to Teamwork, Profit, and Purpose
- Brianna Smith (@Brianna5mith | LinkedIn Profile)
Integrated Marketing Manager at TeraRecon
Creator & blogger for Being Your Brand
- Wes Hoffman (@Wesleyhoffman | LinkedIn Profile)
Founder of Treehouse Networkshop
Partner & Podcaster for StrangeHouse